The National Archaeological Museum in Naples has one of the finest collections of ancient objects anywhere in the world. It has a virtually unrivalled collection of ancient sculpture, including the famous Collezione Farnese, and also houses a large number of the ancient frescoes and mosaics, as well as various artefacts, recovered from Pompeii, Herculaneum, and other sites in Campania.
Piazza Museo 19, 80135 Napoli (Italy)
The following articles disuss or mention this museum:
- A peculiar statue of Faustina
- A lion attacking a leopard
- The Alexander Mosaic
- Sarcophagus of the Brothers
- Aeneas treated by Iapyx
- Satyrs, sileni, and fauns
- An Indian figurine from Pompeii
- A visit to Pompeii
- The Athenian tyrant-killers
- A statue of M. Nonius Balbus
Only up to ten of the most recent articles are listed here.
The pictures below have been uploaded by our contributors and are not to be redistributed or used elsewhere without prior written permission.
Photographers: Josho Brouwers